The Rural and Remote First Aid Course is tailored to those living/working on the land. Covering situations that could occur on the job, this course is ideal for growers looking to gain valuable first aid skills.
The course will run over 2 days, and includes an evening session that will have a practical scenario designed for participants to locate, assess, treat and transport a patient to a lit landing area/site for hypothetical interaction with aeromedical retrieval.
Registration cost is $120 and includes both training days, plus morning tea, lunch & afternoon tea.
About the course
Topics covered will include:
- ARC guidelines relevant to the provision of first aid
- legal, workplace and community considerations in relation to the administration of medication
- considerations when providing CPR
- techniques for providing CPR to adults, children and infants
- signs, symptoms and management of conditions
Exclusive Content to Rural and Remote First Aid:
- Motorcycle Helmet removal procedure and considerations
- Remote considerations in the provision of first aid
- Management options relating to transporting casualty, including aero-medical evacuation
- Methods used to assist emergency services to locate incident sites
- use of man-made and natural resources to supplement first aid equipment
- Content of remote area first aid kits and medication boxes