Take a break!
Checked in with your mates lately? GrainGrowers has joined forces with Grain Producers Australia (GPA) to support GPA's Farmer Mates Mental Health initiative to strengthen mental health awareness and suicide prevention and to support Australian growers and the rural community by producing a series of community events. The tour kicked off this week at Elders FarmFest, Toowoomba, on Wednesday 7 June and will continue throughout the year.
The initiative was spearheaded by GPA in partnership with Nufarm, Rural Aid, Lifeline and Australian cricketing legend, Brad Hogg as Ambassador, with the aim to make a real difference on mental health for growers and our communities.
The theme for these events is 'Take a Break' highlighting the importance of farmers taking a break, staying fit, fresh, and healthy, particularly after a few big production years.
GrainGrowers members and others are encouraged to get on board with this important initiative, by creating awareness and supporting better outcomes across our broader communities.
Take a Break Tour dates and locations announced so far:
• 22-24 August 2023: AgQuip, Gunnedah, NSW,
• 26-28 September 2023: Yorke Peninsula Field Days, Paskeville SA
• 3-5 October 2023: Elmore Field Days, Elmore, VIC
• Brad Hogg Video Message HERE
• GPA’s Farmer Mates Mental Health initiative HERE
• Lifeline’s 24/7 telephone crisis support service is available on 13 11 14